Thought it would be interesting to get everyones opinion on Falout76 after the recent beta, both out of curiosity and because it could be useful to people who are on the fence about buying the game.
- Finally a Fallout game with multiplayer!
- I like the way that they handled VATS. It basically aids you with aiming, but by no means does it do all the work for you. Also the time you can use it is very short and scales with the corresponding stat (Agility?).
- There are alot of fun new factions and locations to explore. Locations do not feel repetitive at all.
- The Photo system they have is pretty cool. You can leave your body to take screenshots of yourself and others and you can use various frames and overlays which can be unlocked from exploring new areas.
- The game had alot of stuttering and certainly needs further optimization.
- The way quests work simply feels chaotic and lacks clarity at many times. I also wish they would have better explanations via conversation about what you need to do next and work less with quest markers.
- The building system is much reduced from Fallout4. The C.A.M.P system still needs alot of refinement so that it works as advertised.
- Private server hosting and server options were not present during the beta, but would be welcome. This way PvP, looting and voice chat settings etc. could be modified and players would be able to pick servers with their favorite options enabled. Also this would allow for more of a co-op approach when wanted (and I think I speak for most players when I say; "that's what we want Bethesda FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!".😤
Well that's my two cents! I'm interested to hear what others thought.🤓