Addons are installed within your "My Documents" folder. The exact structure resemblesC:\My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\(NameOfAddOn)
There are many addons available to customize this game. If you join ESOUI and "favorite" the addons that you use, you'll get an email notification whenever the addon author publishes an update to download/install. We find these addons essential:
· Votan's Keybinder - makes it so that you can adjust keybinding settings once for the account instead of needing to repeat again for each character. You can still modify things for just the one character by unchecking a checkbox on that binding in the Settings menu, so this addon offers both convenience & flexibility.
· Votan's Minimap - reenables the game's original minimap with some performance enchancements (the minimap is sadly no longer available by standard settings without an addon)
· Sky Shards - shows locations for skyshards. Three skyshards equal one skill point, so you can't afford to miss these.
· Lost Treasure - adds map markers for treasure maps & crafting surveys that are in your inventory
· FCO Item Saver - provides a lock function to keep from destroying/selling/deconstructing items you want to keep. Options include "lock," "mark selling in guild store," "mark selling," "mark deconstruction," "reserve for research," or mark with a custom gearset/marker. You can customize which actions are allowed/prevented.
· Master Merchant - helps you set prices in guild stores and can keep you from overpaying for items but is only useful if you belong to a trading guild as it works off your guilds' data
· NoAccidentalStealing - this addon makes it so you must be hidden (in stealth mode or invisible) in order to steal. If you've ever gotten a bounty by accidently stealing an object instead of talking with the person behind it, you will know the addon's advantage.